Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT; Cwedit Cwunch?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Huge wrote:
It's zero. No-one makes an unecessary journey, ever. The fact that
*you* think their journeys are unecessary is *your* problem.

Ah. Another Humpty Dumpty.

Dave, thanks for all the constructive postings you've made over the
years, but I shan't be reading them any more. Your bigotry and
hypocrisy, and now 'ad hominem' - hell, it isn't even as good as that,
it's simple name calling, has finally made your postings unwelcome here.

Humpty Dumpty said in one of the Alice novels 'words mean what I want them
to'.

Hardly name calling. And I thought you'd have understood the reference
given the context. Ah well.

I suggest that in this context the one aping Mr Dumpty is you. Because
you appear to have set yourself up as the arbiter of what the word
"unecessary" means according to your perception of what it necessary.