Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default OT; Cwedit Cwunch?

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2008-08-14, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 9 Aug 2008 09:29:10 GMT, Huge wrote:

Sigh. I've been going to the USA regularly for nearly 30 years (my
parents live
there). I've seen no more gun shops there than here.

You've seen Walmart, yes?

Since you've deleted all the context, I'm disinclined to answer this, but
Walmart stopped selling guns over a year ago, and they never were a "gun
shop".

In the context of guns being freely available a "gun shop" is a shop that
sells guns over the counter - to declare otherwise is pointless hair
splitting and the fact they sell doll's clothes and beef jerky as well, is
irrelevant. I am glad to hear they have stopped but, on my last visit to a
Walmart, you could buy hunting rifles at age 18 on production of a driver's
licence and handguns at 21 (I went to the counter and had a look - next to
the tools, natch!).

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)