Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 8/13/2008 6:08 PM J. Clarke spake thus:

Smarty wrote:

Incidentally, I have been briefly involved with the CPSC, the Consumer
Product Safety Commission, in a consulting role. I won't
elaborate except to say that they are an extremely poor excuse for
a testing organization.

I figured you'd been on their payroll at some point. Glad to know I was
right.

plonk

This idiot obviously can't distinguish between Consumer's Union and the
CPSC. I wouldn't sweat being "plonk"ed by him.

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken

Thanks David. It's clear to me that John needed a way to exit this dialog
while still saving face. Since the argument he raised was no longer
defendable, and he (thankfully) chose not to get into a name-calling escape
like Salty Dog, he chose the next obvious tactic, to attempt some "guilt by
association" strategy.

It entirely backfired, since the point he made is, as you state, idiotic and
specious.

Thanks for your support David. I have absolutely no hidden agenda here
except that I wanted to offer the original poster a source of very recent
(September 08) reviews of antivirus software, and I find Consumer Reports
and Consumers Union to be great resources, and originally recommended them
for that reason. Why somebody else needs to attack my suggestion in the
first place can only be explained by the myriad of weird people who show up
on the Internet with a need to criticize.

Smarty

Smarty