Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rosin Paper over Newly Refinished Floors???

On 8/13/2008 7:23 PM spake thus:

On Aug 13, 10:07 pm, "benick" wrote:

That's what happens when you get the horse before the cart. Why in
the hell did you get the floors finished BEFORE the painting was
done? The floors and stairs are the LAST thing you have done. I see
nothing but misery in your future if you don't wait till the poly
is COMPLETELY cured.After that put down 4X8X1/2 inch sheets of
sound board duct taped together(NOT TO THE FLOOR) then canvas drop
cloths...Good luck...Your gonna need it....

Since the deed is done, what's the worst that can happen to the
floor? Also, wouldn't the "sound board" stick to the floor? (BTW,
what is "sound board"?) Thanks.

The stuff formerly sold as Celotex; dunno what they call it today.
Fiberboard is the generic term. You know the stuff some bulletin boards
are made of?

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken