IMM

Default Thermostatic or electric shower from combi

"Eno Case" wrote in message
. ..
IMM

I don't see any downside whatsoever from running a shower from a combi.

Maybe I misunderstand how they work, but I'd been led to believe that if

the
shower is supplied from the combi, then for the time that the shower is in
use, the radiators won't get supplied with water therefore cooling the
rooms down? (And some showers take longer than others... ;-) )

That is true. But if a house is up to temp that will not be a problem.
Also there are overpowered fro CH and when they come back onto CH they warm
like the wind.

It will have to be a very long shower to effect the heating temps.

Also, if the shower is in use, and someone does use a hot tap, the shower
would be affected somehow, even if it is a good thermostatic one?

You install a pressure equalizing valve. Some shower mixers have them
built-in, see the Screwfix catalogue. Turning on the kitchen tap, unless it
is a bottom of the flowrate range combi, will not effect the shower too much
at all. Best get a combi that delivers 13 litres/min minimum. Some combi's
right up to 22 litres/min.

If these points are wrong, I'll gladly stand
corrected, and be even more
keen to get a thermostatic shower!

They are wrong.

I suppose there's also the issue of not having a backup hot water supply
(like an electric shower could give me) if the combi boiler breaks down,

but
that's not a big worry to me.

You can fit an instant electric heater in the hot outlet of the combi. If
the combi is down turn it on. It only trickles, but backup it is and it
will clean you. All problems solvable.

---