Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gobofraggle@gmail.com is offline

Default Rosin Paper over Newly Refinished Floors???

On Aug 13, 10:07*pm, "benick" wrote:
wrote in message

On Aug 13, 6:00 pm, ransley wrote:

On Aug 13, 1:21 pm, wrote:

I've just had my hardwood floors refinished (sanded, stained, then
coated with three layers of satin finish oil-based polyurethane). In
two weeks, painters will arrive, and they will be in the room where
the floors were just refinished. They will be using ladders, paint
buckets, etc.

I want to protect the floor, but I realize that the poly hasn't yet
"cured", which I hear can take 21 days. Can I lay down rosin paper
safely? Will it stick? Will it leech red color onto the light-
colored floors? Can I tape the seams with blue painter's tape (for
delicate surfaces) and then be able to remove it safely a week later?

And is rosin paper the best way to go?

Thanks.

I would not put tape on the new poly, paper then a plastic drop, then
canvas drops, and have them put rubber feet or towels on ladder legs.
Of course they have insurance, why not let them do all this, they bid
it right. Once I had no accidents and a guy asked if I had insurance
because he had new special carpet, I did, well a worker ruined about
40,000.00 in belgian wool carpet, He scrubbed a spot and the company
could not match it so replaced it all. my ins co dropped me.

I would put off paintaing for a month so the poly is well cured! why
rush? patience leads to a better job

That's what happens when you get the horse before the cart. Why in the hell
did you get the floors finished BEFORE the painting was done? The floors and
stairs are the LAST thing you have done. I see nothing but misery in your
future if you don't wait till the poly is COMPLETELY cured.After that put
down 4X8X1/2 inch sheets of sound board duct taped together(NOT TO THE
FLOOR) then canvas drop cloths...Good luck...Your gonna need it....- Hide quoted text -

Since the deed is done, what's the worst that can happen to the
floor? Also, wouldn't the "sound board" stick to the floor? (BTW,
what is "sound board"?) Thanks.