Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default OT - Weds - The Ugly Kitchen Contest

On Aug 13, 11:00*am, Coleah wrote:
Yesterday #42 started out in 1st position … and soon fell back to 2nd,
much to voter’s dismay.

Here is what #42 (Betty) had to say in an email to me:
“Honestly, I was thrilled to have hit number one, and was excited to
think that I might be the winner if my kitchen could remain in the
number one position. *Then, today, I was a little 'down' about the
dip, but I thought....new kitchen or no new kitchen, it's been a great
blessing that so many people whom I don't even know have taken their
time to vote for me every day, over the last several days.”

I sensed she was bracing herself for disappointment, as her strongest
competitor (#83) had held 1st position for a long time. *I received
emails from many of you, letting me know that she’d slipped back and I
felt the upset. *My thoughts were that folks had not gotten around to
voting yet and sure enough, #42 moved back into 1st place once again!!

That ‘scare’ really demonstrated a need not to fall into complacency
and slow down, figuring there are enough other people voting to carry
her through. *Thank you to all who continue to vote, and special
thanks to those who’ve asked more of your friends to join in. *It is
making the difference.

As I was getting ready to send this off I checkedhttp://getpublished.news-leader.com/UglyKitchen/Gallery.php?PhotoID=42
and unfortunately #83 is back in 1st place and #42 is in 2nd

We have today, Thursday and Friday until 4:59 p.m. CDT to go.
I wouldn’t want to interject anything negative into this contest……but
I am declaring ‘joyful’ WAR. *Please everyone, ask just one other
person to join us in voting. *The battle is on!!! *Let’s see #42
through to victory!!!

Thank you, thank you,

Coleah

Problem is they all so hideous that a winner is a toss up. Lordy.

Joe