Posted to alt.home.repair
Alphonse Q Muthafuyer Alphonse Q Muthafuyer is offline

Default Valve that controls gas on my bike?

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 03:03:17 +0200 (CEST), Mark wrote:

There is this valve that controls the gas supply on my motorcycle. It
doesn't seem to work very well for me. When I turn it to the "off"
position, the bike often continues to run, even after I try to shut if off.
I think the valve is defective. When I fiddle with it a bit, it seems to
work OK, but it can be fickle.

Anyhow, I was told that it was a pet cock valve. Do any of you have a pet
cock you need to fiddle with from time to time? What's the solution to my
dilemma. Thanks for your time.

Jeez.

You have a motorsickle.

Most motorsickles have carburetors.

Carburetors have float bowls, which store a few oz. of gas.

Shut off the petcock, the bike will likely run until the few oz. run out.

If you got nary a clue about how a motorsickle works, you're a very
good bet to do yo'self harm.

Consider an automobile.

AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935