Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Dell W3000 Problem with Power Supply

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:59:06 GMT, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

It also uses a least one ICE2AS01 controller IC.
It may have more, but I don't remember right off.

That IC has its own internal overload protection but no external
on/off control. I was wondering whether the PSU had some control pin
that was being triggered by a fault condition on the logic board. I
notice that a lot of people are having power-up problems with your
particular model. One vendor is offering a replacement logic board as
a solution.

Here is the datasheet for the PWM controller IC:
http://datasheet.digchip.com/216/216...0-ICE2AS01.pdf

- Franc Zabkar