Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Wavetek 75 (or 75A or 23) Rotary Encoder

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:47:40 -0700, "Hoi Wong"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I found a convenient +5 from CR2 (left part of battery
test schematic on p.126) to steal for optoencoders too.

I notice that the optical encoder's output is rated to sink about
20mA. However, the pullup resistors are 221K which would result in a
current draw of only 20uA. Perhaps it would be advisable to change the
pullups to 2.2K in order to bring the collector current into the 2mA
range ???

- Franc Zabkar