Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
flash flash is offline

Default sorta OT - Back Attack

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Bloody Hell - my back has gone out again, its recurrent - usual thing,
3rd disc injured, had it for years. Goes out sometimes, especially if
I forget about it when lifting something - even bending down to pick
up me socks, and as for swapping over BIG chucks on the lathe, well,
forget it....

Usual treatment - go and see the physiotherapist, take lots of anti-
inflammatory drugs, complain a lot till it gets better.

Mostly just wait it out. I crunched something in my lower back,
caused pain shooting down my thighs. I saw a map on the net
that showed exactly which branch of the nerves goes with each
patch of pain area. Anyway, driving made it worse, so I rolled
up a jacket and stuffed it behind my rear, and it helped a lot.
We have a dresser that is about waist height. I pushed down on
it and stretched out my spine, letting my feet dangle. This
seemed to give several hours of relief, and seemed to maybe help
the recovery.

Now, I just am careful with my back to not set it off again, and
I haven't had much trouble in a couple years.

Jon

Yes, Jon.

In breif: the business of rolling the prlvis forward and under, taking
the weight off the legs, and letting nature and gravity stretch things to
give the spasmed muscles releif is just about the way it works.

Flash