Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default Viewsonic monitors

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:21:39 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:09:20 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada quickly quoth:

I've had several flatscreens fail just off warranty. Problem was
traced down to a couple electrolytic caps that had swelled. Nobody
local had them in stock so I ebayed 10 of each out of HongKong of all
places - japanese caps - for less than I could have bought them out of
the states without the shipping. A couple minutes with the soldering
iron and all 3 back in service - with spare parts for 2 more.

That's handy to know, clare. What brand were they, or were they
generic Canuckistani?

I have a Viewsonic just out of warranty and, other than the single
bright green pixel which was out when it was brand new, it's hanging
in there nicely.

Acers all. AL1711 - all bought at the same time, failed within 3
weeks. 3 of 6 still woking 2 months later - but expected to fail
shortly