Eno Case

Default Thermostatic or electric shower from combi

IMM

I don't see any downside whatsoever from running a shower from a combi.

Maybe I misunderstand how they work, but I'd been led to believe that if the
shower is supplied from the combi, then for the time that the shower is in
use, the radiators won't get supplied with water therefore cooling the
rooms down? (And some showers take longer than others... ;-) )

Also, if the shower is in use, and someone does use a hot tap, the shower
would be affected somehow, even if it is a good thermostatic one?

If these points are wrong, I'll gladly stand corrected, and be even more
keen to get a thermostatic shower!

I suppose there's also the issue of not having a backup hot water supply
(like an electric shower could give me) if the combi boiler breaks down, but
that's not a big worry to me.

Thanks for your comments IMM.

Eno

"IMM" wrote in message

"Eno Case" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for that info Christian.

Just to be clear, you compared the ( 80k btu = ) 24kw from the combi to

10kw
from the electric and did the ratio to get 10lpm versus 4 lpm?

If that's the performance difference then I think there's no question

which
I should use. It's in a one bedroom flat, just me and my girlfriend, so
even the supposed downsides of running the shower from the combi won't
bother me with that performance.

I don't see any downside whatsoever from running a shower from a combi.
people buy them for their power shower type of performance. A good normal
power shower pump costs £200-250. You can pick up a combi for under £400,
that does the heating and gets rid of tanks, liberating all that space, as
well.

---