Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Question re cordless tools etc.

On Aug 13, 10:31*am, " wrote:
http://www.primecell.com/

Thank you for the various advice. Also for company names etc.
Basically need a battery-replacer in Canada to avoid hassle of getting
customs people to only levy export/import tariffs and taxes etc. on
value of the replaced batteries not the original or listed retail
value of each battery pack.

Sometimes the tariffs are to 'protect' industries in either country
(Cos much of this stuff is made overseas anyway; for example our
'German' Bosch drill has battery packs from China. We strongly suspect
the drill itself was manufactured or assembled in Mexico. Also
enquiring of the local Bosch agent about a replacement battery charger
which IIRC appeared to be supplied from Taiwan!).

Our 'Japanese' Nissan truck was manufactured, for example in USA (In
Tennessee I think?).