Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bsmith380@gmail.com is offline

Default Lower flow after new ac/heat

On Aug 12, 8:32*pm, wrote:
Hello:

I just had a new AC and Heating unit installed. It seems that the flow
of air is less than with the old Lennox.
The previous system was a 3 ton and this is supposed to be a 3.5 ton.
I increased by .5 because i wanted it
to be a bit stronger to reach some further rooms. *However it seems
that the opposite has happened.

Can anyone tell me what ton my blower is based on this information?
And any suggestions. I have had the installed come out and all vents
are between 300-500 cfm. temperature drop is 22 degrees.

Carrier Furnace 58CTA090-14
Carrier Coil CNPVP3617ACAABAA

Thanks

This is a single stage blower. The black wire (highest speed) is
attached to the blower for AC.
The installed did check this when he came back out.

I called Carrier and they said the CNPVP3617ACAABAA is 3 ton coil.
However the carrier person was not very trustworthy.

So i do not know if it is 3 or 3.5 and i do not know if that matters
or not.
I did notice that out of the three pieces (furnace, coil, compressor)
all are the Performance line but the coil is Comfort line.