fred

Default Start Again Shall We?

In article , Dave Plowman
writes
In article lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil wrote:
What sort of inane questions do you suppose belong on a group called UK
DIY? You have been told to seek professional help you retard, go and get
it.

I'd love to show you the 'professional help' my architect got from a
structural engineer when my roof conversion was under way - it added
*thousands* to the cost. And a back of a fag packet calculation showed
much of it to be unnecessary. And proved so subsequently at law.

It would be an ideal world where simply employing a pro - even with
letters after his name - would guarantee a satisfactory result. Life isn't
like that, though, so getting advice here - and knowing how to act on it -
is not the act of a retard.

Once you is a profeshunul you realise how many other profeshunulz are
very, er, average . . . . .

Just as many cowboys in the professions as there are in the trades . . .

But then in both cases you come upon the real gems (if you're lucky).
--
fred