Posted to uk.d-i-y
pcb1962 pcb1962 is offline

Default 8ft fluorescent tubes

On Aug 13, 11:08*am, pcb1962 wrote:
On Aug 12, 10:33*pm, Malcolm wrote:

pcb1962 wrote:
I seem to remember reading a while back, probably in this group, that
8ft fluorescent tubes may not be available in the not too distant
future. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me please? I'm about to
refit my garage and workshop and don't want to use these if I'm not
going to be able to get replacement tubes in a few years time. Thanks

Working in a school with 8foot fittings I am sure that they are no
longer made. *Our electrical comntractors cannot obtain them and County
have replaced one group with 5foot high energy fittings. *These produce
more light than the original 8foot fittings. *Also be aware that there
are two different wattages of 8foot tubes. *We have some tubes but they
are the wrong wattage for the fittings we have.

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm, this does worry me a bit, I was planning to fit 4 of
the 8ft double fittings from TLC, I think I'll ask them what they know
about the future supply of tubes.

And the very prompt reply from TLC confirms that future supply is
doubtful. Anyone with 8ft fittings had better stock up on spare tubes
while they're still available.