Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default Chinese Diesel Generator--- could be a Listeroid

SNIP

The indian Listers are about as close as you'll get since they are using
the original tooling and equipment from the UK factory. India bought out
load of UK manufacturing and relocated it to india. Royal Enfield 500's,
Morris minor's, Listers and so on.

Maybe worn out British equipment, but definitely Indian workmanship.

The Morris cars in India were still being manufactured until quite
recently. I was told last november when I was there, that the spare body
parts wouldnt fit the older cars as the dies were so worn that they wen't
keeping to the original shape.