Leon

Default The new DeWalt Portable Planer

Believe it or not, the HSS steel ones on my planer have been sharpened 4
times since 1988. There was some light usage years in the beginning but in
the last 7 years they have seen a much more wood.
Granted mine are not always perfect but sharp enough to NOT make dust. I
use mine for thicknessing and not for a finished surface.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Leon" wrote in message
Now a question from me. I have been using a portable planer for about

15
years that uses HSS blades that can be resharpened. For those of you

that
have the disposable blades, how long do they last before having to buy a

new
set?

Depends on how many nails are in the wood.
The Delta are reversible. Still using mine after a year of light use.

One
side is still about perfect, the other side is, well, less than perfect.

Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome