Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laying laminate floor throughout house -- multiple starting points?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Alex wrote:
Hi...

We're about to lay laminate floating flooring throughout our house,
but given we'll be doing almost every room (except bathrooms), there's
no way we'll be able to have a single starting point. Is it
recommended to start a new row in each room then use a transition
piece at the door where the floors meet (for example hallway and
bedroom or kitchen and living room) or is there anyway to have the
floors move seamlessly throughout the house? I'm not sure what the
standard process is for this.

Think ahead. In five, ten or thirty years you'll want to change or repair
one room. A transition strip makes that much easier than if the entire
house in interconnected. The boards may run in opposite directions also.

In addition to other tips mentioned, get a pair of knee pads. They make the
job much easier on the body.

I also recommend doing this while younger. I did my family room and hallway
five years ago. I'm converting a bedroom to a sewing room for my wife and I
started the floor last weekend. This time around I'm taking more and longer
breaks. The getting up and down is a real PITA. This 100 ft is taking
twice what 350 feet did back then