Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Lower flow after new ac/heat

The previous system was a 3 ton and this is supposed to be a 3.5 ton.
I increased by .5 because i wanted it
to be a bit stronger to reach some further rooms. However it seems
that the opposite has happened.

Can anyone tell me what ton my blower is based on this information?

Tonnage and fan air quantity/velocity aren't related directly -- in
fact, physically they're completely independent of each other.

Tonnage refers to the actual amount of cooling capacity while what
you're talking about is actual air flow.

Sounds like what you need is to work on a balance problem and perhaps
more return air.

Your installer should be able to give the total rated air movement data
for your unit and compare that to what you had before to see how the two
relate. One would presume a 3.5T unit would rate at or above a 3T but
it's not necessarily so as noted since the two factors aren't directly
related.

As someone else noted, it might be there's a higher fan speed that isn't
being used or a higher fan speed might be an option.

Was ducting changed/modified?