Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Help fixing AOC Plasma (Samsung board)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:39:13 -0400, "Michael Kennedy"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

"Chrisroberts7577" wrote in message
I need help getting help, finding a replacement board, or even finding
the schematic for an AOC (A42HD84) Plasma tv. I believe the main
power supply board (Samsung, LJ44-00092C) is the problem.

When I got the TV there was a blown fuse on the board. See some pics
of the board he http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages.com/plasmarepair

When the board gets power there is only one voltage correctly present,
all others are non-existent.

Any help or guidance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The picture you posted doesn't look like a burnt out fuse. It loooks more
like an electrolytic capacitor that exploded. What does the board say in the
area where you removed this component.

Mike

I thought the red component in this pic ...
http://chrisroberts7577.googlepages....full;init:.jpg

.... looked like one of these time delay fuses:
http://web.archive.org/web/200210161.../ETF_Specs.PDF

- Franc Zabkar