Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn mower to trim hedges

On Aug 12, 8:27*pm, clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:45:54 -0500, "Leon"

wrote:

"Upscale" wrote in message
.. .

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
The story was supposed to be actually true, that a guy used his
mower to trim his hedges and lost a couple fingers. *We never had any
verification of the story, since it wasn't our bailiwick.

There may or not be any actual verification of someone losing a few
fingers,
but I don't doubt that somewhere, sometime, someone has used a lawn mower
trim hedges. It's just too easy a thing to do (attempt) for someone not to
have tried it. When you consider some of the truly idiotic actions listed
on
the Darwin Awards website, hedge trimming with a lawn mower has to fall
into
the very probable category.

Maybe not, most lawn mowers are a bit too heavy to pick up and hold.

Build a scaffold down each side of the hedge and "run it on rails"
Good way to get the top smooth and even?
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

..or this could work..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbKSgm3l9mE