Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default Viewsonic monitors

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:49:24 -0400, Al Patrick wrote:

Robert Swinney wrote:
My 2 year, 11 months and 1 week old Viewsonic flat screen monitor crapped out recently. Yeah,
that's right, it had only 3 weeks to go on the original 3-year warranty. I called Viewsonic and
they gave me a RMA for return to Walnut, CA. The 19 inch monitor was replaced with a 22 inch model
of better specs than original. I can't say enough about Viewsonic.

Bob Swinney

I had a similar thing happen. Received a new monitor with probably less than a year to go
on the warranty. I'd gotten mine through a local dealer and worked everything through
them. No having to ship, etc.

I've had several flatscreens fail just off warranty. Problem was
traced down to a couple electrolytic caps that had swelled. Nobody
local had them in stock so I ebayed 10 of each out of HongKong of all
places - japanese caps - for less than I could have bought them out of
the states without the shipping. A couple minutes with the soldering
iron and all 3 back in service - with spare parts for 2 more.