Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default sorta OT - Back Attack

SteveB wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote

That trick works well with popcorn too . Just don't nuke it too long ...

Don't know if you know it, but you CAN set fire to a bag of popcorn in a
microwave.

I hadn't cooked any in a long time. I put it for a minute longer than I was
supposed to. After a time, I smelled smoke. I saw the microwave smoking,
so opened the door. It was still nuking.

POOMPH! and a big ball of fire when the air hit the hot popcorn.. I have a
Corgi, and they are sensitive to danger, and by now, along with three smoke
alarms is raising hell. I figure the best thing to do is to take the
flaming bag with the glass tray and all outside. Problem was, I didn't open
the door before I did this. Had to stop and put the flaming mess on top the
washing machine and open the door.

When I return, there's a cloud of smoke from chest high to the ceiling that
you cannot see farther than three feet. I open the doors on both side of
the condo to blow it out.

Corgi and smoke alarms still in harmony.

It took about an hour to get the smoke out. Neighbors come over to see if
they need to call FD. Surprised no one did with all the smoke. Had to toss
the microwave, and it took about three months and three gallons of Febreze
to get the smoke smell out.

Popcorn burns, and it burns REAL GOOD.

Steve

Yep Corgi's react to just about anything they feel is going to hurt them
OR the person they consider master.

Mine is coming up on his 8th B-day. He seems to be getting more
sensitive with time. Just don't assume he is a mild mannered pup, he
would be more than willing to chew your legs and face off if you try to
get in the house and are not known....

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York