Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default re-surface parts of garage floor

On Aug 11, 4:27*pm, " wrote:
On Aug 11, 4:45 pm, George Abbot wrote:

Parts of my garage concrete floor is pitting and looks like a lunar
landscape- very rough. I would like to put layer of cement over the
top, but is that the best method and how should I prepare it and then
make it smooth?

GA

nothing you do will be permanent. at best its a short term fix.....

sakrete has that overlay stuff, let it cure and thompsons water seal
it.

Avoid Thompsons products like the plague. Their water seal has been
describes as a hydrocarbon solution of simple wax. Check Consumer
Reports and archives in this NG for many negative comments.
For a good floor repair, check out industrial coatings that factories
use, such as Sonneborn, others. Graingers, McMaster-Carr may be
sources for those. Good luck.

Joe