Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

In article ,
Kenneth wrote:

I called Symantec and requested a full refund on our
purchases. After some hassling, we got the refund.

I stopped using NAV about 5-6 years ago when whichever version I
was using was no longer supported. Okay, no biggie. But then when I
bought and "installed" the new version, the new version would not work
because some of the new version conflicted with the old version. Okay,
small biggie but still mainly annoying. So I used the old version's
"uninstall" then fired up the new version again only to get most of the
previous conflicts. Called Symantec and spent about 4 hours (nearly 7
total) taking out bits and pieces by hand from all over the hard drive.
That was the end of my having ANYTHING to do with any software company
with an "s" in the name (g).

stirring things up
BTW I am VERY happy with my new AV software. OS X!
/stirring things up