Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Magic Jack No Uninstall program

On 8/12/2008 10:03 AM J. Clarke spake thus:

Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
"J. Clarke" wrote:

So how do you uninstall a program on a Mac?

You drag it to the trash.

And how do you know that it cleaned up after itself when it went into
the trash?

You don't, of course: you cross your fingers, knock on wood, throw salt
over your left shoulder and hope for the best.

Now, before you go confusing me with a PC lover/Mac basher, I'm not
either one. But contrary to the constant bleatings of the Mac faithful,
not everything is all peachy-keen with installing and uninstalling stuff
on the computers "for the rest of us". F'rinstance, has anyone here ever
tried to set up networking between a Mac and something else? It's
actually about as difficult and unclear a process as doing the same
thing with a Windblows box; in fact, I give the PC a slight advantage
here, contrary to the conventional wisdom that "everything is easier on
a Mac". And the online help on the Mac is a joke.

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken