Lew Hodgett

Default I need a good Random Orbit Sander...

"Mike Faust" writes:
I need to refinish two large pieces of furniture with lots of surface area
and I have no idea who makes a good random orbit sander? Dewalt has a

couple
and I have seen a Porter Cable that is pretty inexpensive, any

suggestions?

The following are my personal opinions which when coupled with a $5 bill
will allow you to get a cup of coffee in a cheap restaurant.

5" dia machines are a waste of time.

Bosch makes a good 6" dia machine. I beat the crap out of it and it has
survived almost 6 years.

Since 6" is better than 5", it stands to reason that 8" is better than 6".

If you truly have a lot of sanding to do, look at the 8" Fein, just don't
have sticker shock.

Like everything they make, Fein is very proud of their equipment and prices
it accordingly.

HTH

--
Lew