Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Lawn mower to trim hedges

Upscale wrote:
"Rick Samuel" wrote in message

The story was supposed to be actually true, that a guy used his
mower to trim his hedges and lost a couple fingers. We never had any
verification of the story, since it wasn't our bailiwick.

There may or not be any actual verification of someone losing a few fingers,
but I don't doubt that somewhere, sometime, someone has used a lawn mower to
trim hedges. It's just too easy a thing to do (attempt) for someone not to
have tried it. When you consider some of the truly idiotic actions listed on
the Darwin Awards website, hedge trimming with a lawn mower has to fall into
the very probable category.

Snopes lists it as an unverifiable legend:

http://www.snopes.com/legal/trimmer.asp

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA