Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default Lawn mower to trim hedges

Robatoy wrote:
On Aug 12, 9:45 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
The story was supposed to be actually true, that a guy used his
mower to trim his hedges and lost a couple fingers. We never had any
verification of the story, since it wasn't our bailiwick.
There may or not be any actual verification of someone losing a few
fingers,
but I don't doubt that somewhere, sometime, someone has used a lawn mower
trim hedges. It's just too easy a thing to do (attempt) for someone not to
have tried it. When you consider some of the truly idiotic actions listed
on
the Darwin Awards website, hedge trimming with a lawn mower has to fall
into
the very probable category.

Maybe not, most lawn mowers are a bit too heavy to pick up and hold.

They also won't run on their side.. in most cases. Oil from the
crankcase getting slapped around by the bottom of the piston (unless
it's a two-stroke). and fuel starvation would be the most obvious
reason for it not to work. Most of those units are designed with
gravity in mind.

"Me, I'm just a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk"

Electric mower maybe? Light weight, will run on its side, quiet, brave,
clean, reverent.
j4