Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Tablesaw popped fuse/breaker

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
Eigenvector wrote:
I was cutting some 16/4 poplar on the tablesaw and got halfway through it
when the saw stopped dead.

What kind of saw do you have? Portable, contractor, cabinet? What is the
amperage rating of the saw and of the circuit in question?

It's possible that the wood was warping and pinching the blade, or that
you were simply drawing more power than the circuit could handle.

Chris

I would also consider converting my saw to 220. Is your saw outlet on a
dedicated circuit or is there other things on that circuit? If there are
other things on that circuit this will happen to you all the time.