Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default cutting US corporate taxes

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:

The taxing of corporations and businesses is, in my mind, a hidden
tax on the consumer.

There is a purpose in that. Pol's do not whan the average voter to
figure out just how
much tax he or she is paying. Even social security is based on the
false fiction that
one's employer is paying half of it. We know it is the workers pile
it comes out of.

Wes

In this case, Wes, you have it exactly backwards. If corporations
WEREN'T taxed, the infrastructure cost would be passed on to the
consumer in the form of higher individual taxes -- invisibly.

Either that or our infrastructure would be failing. Kinda like it is now.
Taxes might or might not be too high but that isn't the issue.
The issue is that value, percieved or real, is too low.
That and ignorance.

Did you catch the article over the weekend on MA's health care plan and the
results to date?
I can't understand, and never could, why anyone in business wouldn't be
pushing hard for a single payer health care system.
That this is the case (opposition by small business owners) can't really be
argued but it makes absolutely no sense at all.
I can only attribute this behavior to poor marketing.
The value involved is an easy sell but all anyone ever discusses are the
costs.
We don't sell or market anything else that way. Nothing where the value add
is significant.

Just look at cars or cable TV as examples.
Somebody needs to figure out how to make health care go Vrooom Vrooom or get
some T&A in the mix.
Somebody besides Pfizer that is.

--

John R. Carroll