Leon

Default The new DeWalt Portable Planer

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...

I have a 733, and I really can't imagine the results much better. A
quick scrape or sanding with 150 grit and the planer evidence is gone.
I can't wait to see some wood run though the new model.

The 2 speed is great with the floor model planers where they move the wood
much faster and hog off wood in the 3/16" deep range and leave obvious
scallops. The slower speed on those planers smooth out those ripples created
on the fast speed. With the portable planers, the fast cut is slow and
shallow by comparison in the fast speed on the stationary planers. Acutally
the fast speed on the new portable is slower than some of the competitions
single speed. Then add a nick to a blade and the slow speed is a totaly
waste of time.

Add the 3rd blade however and you will artomatically get smoother cuts
regardless of speed.

My portable planer has been aroun longer thant he cutter head locks. It
would be good for me to get the automatic lock.