Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Air Conditioner

k wrote:
I want my house to get cooler. The air conditioner I have puts out
air thats 60 degrees F or 15C at the floor register. My house never
gets colder than 75F or 24C. If I run the air conditioner all day
long it never gets colder. I have lots of windows in the house which I
have blinds on to stop the sunlight. Is there anything I can do to
have a colder house? My air conditioner is 3 years old, is there any
maintenance I need to do?

The unit is undersized for the heat load, apparently.

Check the filters are clean; sounds otherwise like in fine shape for the
unit itself.

The things you can do are insulate and fix air leaks, etc.

Many utility companies have services to evaluate and some still have
cost share programs as well.