Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: 2 way mains lead

In article ,
writes:
===Summary===
These leads are legal and safe if constructed and used in accordance
with good practice.

Sorry, that's not the definition of legal. It needs to be constructed
in accordance with the relevant British Standards and EN's. I don't
have a copy of BS1363 handy, but I suspect 2 flexes into a rewirable
plug would be outside scope. Since 13A plugs have to conform to BS1363,
that would probably make it illegal.

This shouldn't be in the Wiki. Doing it for yourself or on a personal
web page might be different.

Last time I bought some properly made ones from CPC, I think they were
around £2 in any case.

--
Andrew Gabriel