Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default What's the stuff the City government sprays to kill mosquitos?

The driver will have a copy of the MSDS and HAS to provide copies to anyone
who asks. It's the 'right to know' program.

steve

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:52:27 -0700 (PDT), Yong Huang
wrote:

Here in Houston sometimes around midnight, the City dispatches a truck
to spray some chemical in neighborhood. The next day, there're less

Is this a fogger, that sprays into the air rather than spraying the
ground?

mosquitos. What is that chemical? Can we buy it from any store? Some
parks in the city have absolutely no mosquitos. I think they treated
the grass and tress with some magical stuff too.

There are products they use in Maryland, especially on Chincoteague,
right in the campground where we were sleeping, that they insist are
very safe, safer than older products, and afaik, they are.

Why not call the city and ask what they use? They'll almost surely
tell you, because they're spraying your neigbhborhood. If somehow
not, look at the trucks to get the department name, or ask the driver
where he parks, and go down there and ask around until you find out.
Maybe you'll see the drums and you can write down what is in them.

The driver might know what he uses also.

Yong Huang