Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default sorta OT - Back Attack

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:46:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Bloody Hell - my back has gone out again, its recurrent - usual thing,
3rd disc injured, had it for years. Goes out sometimes, especially if
I forget about it when lifting something - even bending down to pick
up me socks, and as for swapping over BIG chucks on the lathe, well,
forget it....

Usual treatment - go and see the physiotherapist, take lots of anti-
inflammatory drugs, complain a lot till it gets better.

You guys are in the same age group (most of you) and most blue collar
workers are carrying some sort of injury due to bloody well working
and doing more than pushing a pen (yeh, I know - paper cuts can be
awful!! - I sympathise with ya)

So - what do you people do about crook backs - don't want to go
anywhere near a surgeon, seen too many people made worse.

Homespun remedies, exercises, herbal magic - there must be something
that works, cause western science aint too good on this one.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Incandescant light bulbs can radiate healing soothing infrared on a
crook back.

In a nation awash with guns, we shoot blighters who bleat pitifully
about a crick.