Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 way mains lead

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Another article in the writing for your input...

2 way mains lead

Mains leads are available with 2x IEC connectors run from one plug.
These save sockets and space when running computers, AV systems, etc.

I'm sure you know more about this subject than I do, but this seems like
an incredible bodge & not terribly safe.

If a customer asked me to do it I'd say no.

You can get trailing block IEC connectors - just like 13 amp ones. But you
might have to go to a pro supplier to get them. Places like CPC do them in
a chassis mounting strip (4 or 6) which you'd have to box up and add a
fuse.

--
*Never test the depth of the water with both feet.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.