Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How Do I remove Headless 1/4" lag Bolts from Concrete?

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:24:42 -0400, "Tom"
wrote:

The 1/4" lag bolts for the railing supports in the front concrete porch
steps have rusted away leaving headless 1/4" lag bolts imbedded in the
concrete. How do I remove whats left of the bolts? I attempted to drill
them out using an 1/8" drill bit but it could get started.

How can i remove the bolts? Some of the bolts are not broken off even with
the concrete some of them are headless and bent slightly to one side.

Tom

Vice-grip brand vice-grips, put on tight or very tight, then hit with
a hammer in the direction to unscrew the bolts. Especially the ones
that are bent will be able to be turned.