Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Do I remove Headless 1/4" lag Bolts from Concrete?

"Tom" wrote in message ...
The 1/4" lag bolts for the railing supports in the front concrete porch
steps have rusted away leaving headless 1/4" lag bolts imbedded in the
concrete. How do I remove whats left of the bolts? I attempted to drill
them out using an 1/8" drill bit but it could get started.

How can i remove the bolts? Some of the bolts are not broken off even
with the concrete some of them are headless and bent slightly to one side.

Tom

Depends on how well they are in there. You can use an "easy out". available
at any decent hardwqare store. You drill a pilot hole, insert the easy out
and with a wrench try to turn the lag out. Once started it can come easy,
but if well stuck in the concrete it may be impossible.