Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default How Do I remove Headless 1/4" lag Bolts from Concrete?

Tom wrote:
The 1/4" lag bolts for the railing supports in the front concrete porch
steps have rusted away leaving headless 1/4" lag bolts imbedded in the
concrete. How do I remove whats left of the bolts? I attempted to drill
them out using an 1/8" drill bit but it could get started.

How can i remove the bolts? Some of the bolts are not broken off even with
the concrete some of them are headless and bent slightly to one side.

Tom

Do you need to remove them for some purpose, or are you just concerned
with the busted stubs sticking up? If the latter, just grind them down
flush with a 4" angle grinder and let it go. Patch and paint as necessary.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel