Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
croq croq is offline

Default Telescopic track for hoist?

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"croq" wrote: (clip) I can imagine a
little lean but nothing unsafe for a full size GMC Savannah or Ford E350.
(clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wasn't thinking of safety. I was thinking of a way to make the
construction lighter. But, you also need to consider that whatever lean
there is will make your extended track slope. You will have to plan on
that when you are moving your sister in her wheelchair into and out of the
van. (Not being critical--trying to be helpful.)

Thanks Leo,

I appreciate the help! I have to admit I knew I would have to watch where
I parked because of the tilt on the beam but it did not occur to me her
weight could cause the same problem. Tis why I like this group, all the
holes in an idea are soon found. As Larry had pointed out a damper would be
necessary, I thought a power extend/retract feature would be a great option.
After caring for her for 35 years I'm getting a little old and slow to keep
throwing my body between her and whatever harm is waiting to surprise us.
I need to start doing that work smarter verses harder idea I keep reading
about.