Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default converting an old rotary phone to work now

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:40:04 -0400, mm wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:19:35 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

I don't know for sure, but suspect that dialing "O" would get you
through to the "operator" the way it does by pressing "O" with such
systems (most are set up to reach some default number on that keypress).

Yes.

Also I think with enough practice, one can learn to make touch-tone
sounds with one's mouth. I think there was a guy on tv who could do
that.

Doubtful. You'd need to sets of vocal cords in order to generate
the two simultaneous frequencies used to DTFM (tone-tone) dialing.