Posted to alt.home.repair
philsvintageradios philsvintageradios is offline

Default converting an old rotary phone to work now

On Aug 10, 8:45*am, wrote:
I just got an old rotary phone from an antique store - the original
cord is attached - I want to hook it up and use it in my home - what
do I do??

I have one of these old dial phones. I can answer it , and call out
but the bell won't ring.
I was told it was a "party line phone" and therefore it requires a
different frequency to ring.
If this is true, is there a way to modify it so it can ring?

I am in canada and it is a very common design , your standard black
desk phone, these were the ones they phone company (bc tel) provided,
unless you paid extra to get some other fancy color or design

Phil