Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Special Ed Special Ed is offline

Default Cut window in garage door

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
Is it possible to cut out a window on a regular garage door? I need to
install a fresh-air intake grille for an exhaust fan, and the garage
door appears to be the best location.

I am not sure what the construction material is, but the outer skins
appear to be somewhat flexible, so I am thinking it is a thin steel
skin with an open cavity inside (or foam).

Any suggestions?

Only thing is to make sure your health insurance, auto insurance and
personal liability insurance policies are up to date and have high enough
coverage limits before you start cutting into garage door panels that will
rise above your head, your families heads and your car...