Woody

Default My $20 lathe (well, sort of...)

snip
There is a certain sense of satisfaction in having taken a piece of
machinery that was likely destined for the scrap heap and returning it
to nearly-new condition. In the process of rebuilding this unit I have
learned how every part functions and have thus gained a level of
knowledge I would not have with a new machine. I also have an excellent
lathe at a very reasonable price.

I have posted a couple of pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.furniture.

Great job!
Amazing what can surface at garage sales

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 5 Reviews:
- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw
- Dowelmax Doweling System
- Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill
- Eze-Lap Diamond Sharpening Stones
- Incra TS-III Table Saw Fence