Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default concrete floor cracks

On Aug 9, 11:39*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 9, 11:54 am, Joe wrote:
On Aug 9, 9:26 am, ransley wrote:

snip
.
use mortar, if it reopens use silicone caulk, it expands and contracts
It bears repeating../keep silicones away from anything that must be
painted.

Joe

bare concrete in a garage is preferable, at least to me. it requires
basically NO maintence!

one you coat it with anything, wear, heat from tires etc will cause
grief.

best to never coat it again, and those cracks will move over time,
much more noticeable

Hi,
Ditto here. Over the years I never coated garage floor with anything.
Leaving as is best for me. No grief, no repeated work.

Next time you are in a professional service garage note the painted
floor. The reason for this is quite simple, safety. Spills of oil,
brake fluid, antifreeze and hypoid oils will always soak into
concrete. The cleanup is fast and complete with a decent floor finish.
With bare concrete residue is always left behind with inevitable
buildup. The crud looks nasty, causes accidents and costs more to keep
under control. Besides, trying to sell a house with an ugly oil stain
where you parked your Yugo is going to be a big disappointment in
today's market.

Joe