Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Telephone Ringing Problem

In article
,
paddytt wrote:

forgot to mention we're in the UK. We have two phones
connected, one wired and one cordless - same on both. Never heard
this type of ring in the UK before - and it won't be the supplier
because we're rural and the national supplier, BT, sub their lines to
the smaller players, so they're all using the same local exchange.

Anyone got any ideas?

Unless the ring lasts longer than 2-3 seconds, it's entirely possible
that your local provider has changed/upgraded their switch and is now
using one that rings the line PROPERLY!! [ducking]

IOW, on this side of the Atlantic, we're used to a single ring of
approximately 2-3 second duration followed by a 2-3 second pause, then
another ring, etc.

If your ring is LONGER than what I've described, you have a repair
issue. Call BT. Make 'em EARN the money you pay them. Good luck.
--

JR