Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Water Softeners

In article ,
"Walter R." wrote:

My wife wants to know: Why use a two-piece softener (Fleck), instead of a
one-piece softener (Whirlpool, GE).

Because the two-piece arrangement holds *MUCH* more salt. And that's
the least of the good reasons. Installation can be easier with the
resin tank in one location and the brine (salt) tank in another,
although they are usually placed side-by-side.

Don't take a chance on a cheapie from the big box stores.
Call Culligan.

Tell your wife that she'll absolutely LOVE soft water. I'd get Mrs.
MacWidow (my beloved wife) to add her agreement but she'd rather watch
VoyeurTV (reality crap) and the 21st century's version of Ted Mack's
Original Amateur Hour than actually participate in something
occasionally useful - like this!
--

JR